The Diabetes Resource Center at Pottstown Memorial Medical Center
PMMC’s diabetes treatment and education services and programs provide you with up-to-date treatment information and management so that you can live an active lifestyle.
Outpatient Diabetes Self Management Program
This 5 session program includes:
- Pathophysiology, causes, types of Diabetes and coping skills for patients and their families
- Types of medications and Insulins and self-monitoring skills to assess blood-glucose readings
- All forms of complications of the disease and ways of prevention
- Nutrition and exercise strategies, along with meal planning
- Stress and its effects, strategies for relief and who to include in their health care team
Diabetic Exercise Program
Feel better about your diabetes by participating in exercise designed just for you.
CarePlex Outpatient Center
81 Robinson Street
Diabetes Education & Resource Center
Education, support, follow-up, and guidance for you and your family. Individual counseling sessions for nutrition, medication use and blood sugar testing with physician referral.
Call the Diabetes Resource Center at 610-327-7463.