Joint Replacement Surgery
Pottstown Memorial Medical Center's skilled surgeons perform comprehensive techniques in joint replacement surgery for the hip, knee and ankle joint.
The Center for Bone & Joint Health focuses on the entire patient experience. Our goal is to help patients get back to doing the things they enjoy, without the interference of joint pain. These otherwise healthy patients are motivated to participate in their recovery in order to get back to an active, pain free life. Prior to surgery, joint replacement candidates meet with the Joint Coordinator to familiarize them with the entire process.
Following joint replacement surgery, our patients are cared for at The Center for Bone & Joint Health, a designated orthopedic wing on the 6th floor of the hospital featuring a home-like atmosphere and specially trained orthopedic nurses and therapy team to help you recover quickly.
The Orthopedic Team approach includes:
- Experienced and skilled surgeons using advanced surgical techniques
- Specialized unit dedicated to patients having joint replacement surgery
- Dedicated Joint Coordinator manages patient care and discharge
- Joint replacement team who specialize in the care of patients with joint replacements
- Comfortable, home-like wellness environment
- Complete educational program with patient guidebook
- Individual and group physical/occupational therapy
- Free educational seminars about joint pain and joint replacement surgery
Our Joint Replacement Team includes independent physicians, nurses, patient care technicians, and physical and occupational therapists specializing in joint care. Every detail, from pre-operative teaching to discharge options, focuses on enabling individuals to return to daily activities as soon as possible.
Customized treatment plans are developed for each individual patient. For more information, please contact Thao Wesler, our Joint Replacement Coordinator at 610-327-7319.